Pawn Shops That Buy Bikes
Biking is an extremely popular recreational activity for many Americans. It’s a great form of exercise, a convenient mode of transportation, and a fun leisure activity people of all ages can participate in. Philadelphia has an extensive biking community and over 200 miles of bike lanes throughout the city. Each year, the Philadelphia International Cycling Classic challenges professional cyclists to complete a 12.3 mile circuit around the city, starting and ending atop the Manayunk Wall.
With so many different terrains in the city, you’ll find bikes available in a variety of styles and price points. Overall, cost comes down to what you use the bike for – they can cost as low as $50 and as much as $10,000.
- Road Bikes: The most common kind of bicycle designed for paved roads and competitive cycling.
- Mountain Bikes: Unlike road bikes, mountain bikes have a sturdier frame, broader tires, and multiple gears that make it easy to ride on rough or mountainous terrain.
- BMX Bikes: These off-road sporting bikes are commonly used for racing and stunts. Typically, BMX bikes include a lot of customization.
- Modified Bikes: Many people make modifications to their bikes, like adding custom handle bars and making upgrades to their tires. If these modifications are appealing to the general public, this could bring the value of the bike up 10%. If the modifications are customized to more personal tastes and do not appeal to the general public, the value of the bike could decrease as much as 10%.
If the bike you are selling is well maintained, you can expect to receive:
- $100-$300 for a road bike.
- $200-$450 for a mountain bike.
- $20-$50 for a BMX bike.
Most pawn shops will not buy or sell bicycles during the winter seasons, as storing a bike with a small chance of turnaround costs money. If you need to sell a bike during the winter, you can expect to get 10-15% less than you would selling it during the spring and summer months.
As with anything you bring to a pawn shop, your bike will be examined for defects, mechanical issues, damage, and it’s overall condition. You can expect to receive 40-60% of the original value of the bike.
Bring in your bike in today for a FREE item valuation. Feel free to contact us with questions. A United staff member can answer any and all questions between the hours of 9am-7pm, 7 days a week.
Let 1st United Pawn buy your bicycle and put cash in your hands today!