Pawn Shops That Buy Pearls
Pearls are a coveted piece of jewelry created from the soft tissue of a living shelled mollusk. There are a variety of pearls out there, available in different sizes, shapes, and colors. High-quality pearls have been highly valued gemstones for many centuries. If you have loose pearls or any kind of pearl jewelry on hand, you could make money by bringing them to a pawn shop.
Like any jewelry item, our team will examine it to accurately determine its worth. You’ll receive the most value for your pearls if they are high quality and lack any physical damage!
1st United Pawn wants to put cash in your hands for your pearls. Before you bring your pearl jewelry in for an evaluation, we suggest:
- Cleaning and polishing. Remove dirt and debris from the pearls by wiping them with a soft, lint-free cloth and a solution of mild soap and water.
- Checking for damage. If the pearls are set into a piece of jewelry like a necklace or bracelet, check to ensure the clasp works properly. Damaged jewelry doesn’t stand to earn you as much as a well-maintained piece of jewelry.
- Gather supporting documentation. To help prove the value of the pearls you have, make sure to bring in any supporting documentation that clarifies the origin of the pearls.
You can expect to receive anywhere from $20-$500 for a pearl necklace. Like any item you bring into a pawn shop, the amount you receive for your pearls is determined by:
- The demand for pearls at the time.
- The quality of the pearls – high-quality pearls will bring a premium, but they don’t hold their value like other types of jewelry, including gold and silver.
Bring in your pearls to 1st United Pawn & Loan today for a FREE item valuation! Our staff members can answer any and all of your questions during business hours.